Location: Beijing, Shangahi and other locations around China
Duration: 3,6 or 12 month placements available. Start dates each month.
Cost: £495 Placement Fee
Remuneration: You will receive a monthly stipend and completion bonus – See Costs tab for further details
Start Dates: Project is on-going and you can join at any time, subject to availability
- Immerse yourself in local Chinese culture in an extremely affordable way
- Develop professional and personal skills in an exciting foreign setting
- Learn Chinese as you work as an Au Pair child carer with Free Chinese language lessons
- Fully immerse yourself in another culture
- Keywords: Au Pair placement, childminding placement, China Au Pair, cultural experience, China childminding
Fully immerse yourself in the Chinese way of life with this incredible Au Pair placement. Providing you with the unique and excellent opportunity to learn Chinese, make new life-long friends and experience this truly magical country as a child carer.
The placement may take place in the heart of Beijing, Shanghai or other metropolitan cities. This ensures you are within close proximity to everything you may need. You will be placed inside a home setting, enabling you to get a true idea of what everyday life is like in China. The children you will look after are aged between 2-8 years old. However, the family may also have other children aged 8-15.
You will be paid a basic monthly salary of 1000 RMB per month, plus you will gain completion bonuses along the way. After completing 3 months, you’ll be awarded 1000 RMB. After completing 6 months in the placement, you’ll be awarded 2,500 RMB. Then, after successfully completing a 12 month placement, you’ll be awarded a 4,000 RMB bonus. On top of this, you’ll be awarded a 500 RMB flight allowance for every month you complete.
As well as your salary and completion bonuses, this Au Pair placement comes with numerous other benefits. You will be given a free SIM card, and full personal accident insurance for the duration of the placement.
The hosts you are paired with will look after you as you contribute towards the family in numerous ways. Many of the people who have participated in this placement have gone on to form a strong bond with their host families. It can take anything from 2 weeks to 2 months to be matched to a host family.
Throughout the placement, you will have access to free Mandarin lessons. This will help you better communicate with the family, though at least one member of the household will speak English. The language lessons offer up to 6 hours a week, though this may change depending on Chinese national holidays and on the last week of the month.
You will also get to take part in numerous activities and excursions organised for you. Experience the extraordinary Beijing opera or take classes in Tai Chi. We organise plenty of cultural excursions for your enjoyment.
This placement is ideally suited to those who love children, have a positive attitude and who are open to learning more about Chinese culture. You can choose from 3, 6 and 12-month long placements. However, we are also open to offering a program with a non-standard length. Contact us to discover more about our non-standard placements.
You will need to commit 30-35 hours to your host family each week, which averages around 5-6 hours each day. Within this time, you will be taking care of your host families children, as well as helping to teach English to the whole family. You will also be expected to carry out light housework and help the children with their homework.
The daily tasks may change each day, providing a more varied placement. Your tasks will also be dependent upon the host family’s practice.
You will be paid for the placement, though it is recommended you bring a little spending money to cover you until your first payment. It is also important to note that you cannot find work outside of the placement to earn additional money. This would violate the terms and conditions of the visa.
Travel & Accommodation
You will be met at the airport by our team and taken back to the centre for an induction. After the induction period, you will be staying with your host family throughout the placement.
You will be living together with the host family. You will typically be provided a private bedroom. In the event that a host family is only able to offer you a shared bedroom, we will make this clear to you and confirm your agreement to this arrangement before placing you with the family. You will eat together with the family so typical Chinese food will be served.
You will also receive a free Beijing, Shanghai travel card to which you can use throughout the placement.
- Age 18-29, with a high school degree
- Native / Fluent English speaker
- Must be eligible for a Chinese X2 visa
- No criminal charges, background check required
- Must be willing to stay a minimum of 3 months, up to 12 months
- Medical check and personal references required
- Disposition must be: positive, great with children, open-minded and culturally aware, energetic, flexible, assertive, adaptable, patient, and understanding
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Strong Interest in China and Chinese culture
- Must send an video/audio clip of them introducing yourself for host families
- Families are always interested in Au Pairs that have other skills such as playing instruments or even other languages. For example, if you are good at the piano, the family will almost certainly be interested in some piano lessons for their child!
£495 GBP Placement Fee
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a £200 deposit, balance is due 4 weeks prior to your departure
Remuneration (what’s included):
- Room, wifi and meals provided by the host family
- Orientation training, including a welcome meal, welcome package, networking events with fellow participants and local staff, language and culture classes, a half-day tour of Beijing or Guangzhou, and more!
- 500 RMB flight allowance will be awarded for each full month of the program completed
- Program completion bonuses after successful milestones
- 3 months = 1,000 RMB
- 6 months = 2,500 RMB
- 12 months = 4,000 RMB
- Program completion bonuses after successful milestones
- 1000 RMB/month stipend for personal expenses
- Personal accident insurance during the duration of your program
- A detailed pre-arrival package
- Free SIM card
- Free Beijing, Shanghai local transportation card
- Access to Chinese language lessons with professional teachers
- A monthly cultural immersion activity organized by the agency
What’s not included:
- Flights (flight allowances offered, see above)
- Travel insurance
- Visas and vaccinations.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate