- At the current time, we have paused all of our in-country volunteer projects and internships due to COVID19.
- We hope to be able to accept applications and resume our interviews starting MARCH 2021– pending the Cambodian Government’s decision on when (and how) open the country to tourism again.
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ON-LINE VOLUNTEERING?
- However, there’s a whole lot of good that you can do through online volunteering !
- Volunteering online lets you donate your virtual time and skills to a cause in Cambodia whilst at home, which means you can make a difference even if you can’t go physically volunteer somewhere.
- If you are interested in the opportunity of a virtual volunteer project, you can still submit your application and upload your CV. We are particularly looking for WordPress Developers and Digital Marketing professionals.
- Luisa, our local partner in Cambodia, will help you find the right match and connect you with an ethical organization in Cambodia dedicated to a cause that matters to you.
- Upon a successful match , you will be asked to contribute with a one-off project fee ( 15USD) .
ON THE FIELD VOLUNTEERING -STARTING MARCH 2021
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duration: Minimum 12 months extendable
Start Dates: We will accept applications starting MARCH 2021.
Cost: $ 490 one-off placement fee – please see Costs section for further details.
- You will be working for a legally registered not for profit organization based in Siem Reap,
Cambodia supporting 120 underprivileged children through education, free healthcare, food
and clean drinking water.
- Ideal for individuals with professional background in communication, marketing, business
development, international development, grant writing, fundraising and not for profit
Cambodia has had a challenging and dark history, and continues to be one of the poorest countries in the world. Long-term development remains an ongoing problem, with serious skill shortages affecting over two million people, who live on less than $2 per day. Our aim is to match the appropriately skilled volunteer with the right local Cambodian project. By doing we can make a more sustainable longer-term impact.
We are offering the unique opportunity of a 12 month paid internship in a trusted not for profit
organization for an experienced Communications and Fundraising Manager. The project will consists
in advising upon and implementing the 3 years (2017 – 2019) integrated communication and
fundraising strategy in terms of awareness raising, recruitment and retention of donors among the
agreed target audiences.
1) Responsible for the steering and implementing of the external communication strategy in order to support fundraising and the recruitment of international volunteers.
- Improve the visibility of awareness raising activities through website and social media
- Optimize website visibility and increase number of website users and ranking in the major search engines.
- Engage and grow social media community of supporters (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Responsible for the website functionality, update and security
- Conceptualize, create and/or commissions the development of communication materials including quarterly e-newsletter, photo essays, videos, blog articles, annual
- Develop and run events if/when time for value (visibility and fundraising) is positive.
2) Responsible for the steering and implementing of the fundraising strategy
- Further improve/find new tactics to recruit regular donors
- Research potential new funding streams and connect with grant-making institutions/corporates.
- Complete grant proposals
- Responsible for the reporting to the existing donor
- Create, implement creative fundraising campaigns (online)
- In collaboration with the Volunteers Coordinator, further improve and develop activities to engage international volunteers in fundraising (“Ambassador Program”).
- Build up and maintain relationship with Corporates, Foundations and major donors.
Maintain the main online database of donors/supporters
3) Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of comms/fundraising activities
4) Responsible for the internal communications and relationship building
- Organise/participate in monthly board calls, write minutes and provide regular updates to the board of Directors on fundraising and communications
- Maintain and develop relations with partner NGOs
- Conduct visitor tours and manage the visitor’s centre
- Manage the official email and respond to general inquiries.
- Recruit and coach interns and volunteers for the Comms and Fundraising department.
- Supervise, supports and set clear attainable objectives for all members of the Comms and Fundraising team
You will be working from Monday to Friday – 8am to 5pm with a two-hour lunch break.
Travel & Accommodation
You can book a tuk tuk yourself directly at the Siem Reap airport – the booking center is located at the arrival exit, at a fix cost (today is $8). The airport is just fifteen minutes drive to Siem Reap City Center.
Accommodation is not included, however there are many options available nearby. Once you arrive, we will help you to find somewhere to stay. Prices are approximately $5-8 per day for a hostel ; $10 per day for a basic room ; $15-20 per day for a nice room with A/C, Wifi , swimming pool; 30$ per day for a one bedroom apartment. You can easily find the right accommodation option for you dependant upon your budget.
- At least 4 years working experience, preferably in communication or marketing and/or fundraising in the non-for- profit sector
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in communication or equivalent field
- Criminal Records check (CRB) that proves you have no prior convictions, as you will be working with children.
- Strategic minded and results oriented with an ability to manage, coach and train others. High level of integrity and sound judgment and an ability to adapt and fit in a different culture
- References from 2 previous employers
- You need to speak English (fluently); French/German/Dutch, a plus
- Necessary vaccinations, flights & visas.
$490 USD one-off Placement Fee.
* Full placement fee required as deposit.
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
*** Check xe.com for the latest currency conversions
- Help you find the right organization – We only work with organizations that have a clear mission statement, are socially conscious, ethical in their practices and making a positive impact within the Cambodian community.
- Match your skills with the right project – We ensure your professional background, expertise and personal expectations are properly matched with the right project, to ensure you have a meaningful and responsible volunteer experience.
- Assist you in getting ready – We will coordinate the drafting and signature of a Volunteer Project Scope of Work prior to your departure, to ensure method of work, goals, outcomes and, overall, your volunteer experience is meaningful and aligned with your expectations.
- Pre-departure check-list – We will provide you a list of things to do and bring in your luggage prior to your departure.
- Pick you up at Siem Reap Airport – We will pick you up at the airport upon your arrival and bring you to our accommodation.
- Welcome you on onboard – We’ll offer a cultural induction and orientation tour to help you settle in.
- Reference letter – At the completion of your volunteering, we will provide you with a valuable reference to showcase your professional impact whilst here in Cambodia.
What’s not included:
You will need to cover the cost on your own on flights, insurance, vaccinations, visa, Accommodation and Food (see Accommodation section above for further details).
Full assistance will be provided in getting everything ready if you choose our Premium Support.
Optional – Accommodation included
In addition to what above highlighted, with additional $ 380/month we will also help you find and book for you an accommodation suitable to your needs and budget for the whole duration of your staying and prior to your arrival in Siem Reap.
You will be living in a studio room centrally located in Siem Reap town, furnished with western standards, A/C, single occupancy, double bed, private bathroom with Hot water and shower and a small kitchenette with fridge, pots and pans, Wi-fi included.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate