Location: Uvita, Costa Rica. Teaching placements available nationwide
Duration: 1-4 weeks commitment
Cost: from $1,215 USD Project Fee for the 1st week – see Costs tab for more information
Includes: All 1 meal/daily, accommodation, airport pickup, orientation and all project related activities
Does not Include: flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- This volunteer teaching project is a very hands-on and is an opportunity to make a rapid difference to the schools and community center.
- By improving local educational opportunities, we help develop pride in our schools for kids and teachers
- Costa Rica offers amazing experiences such as surfing in the South Pacific coastal region, visiting Marino Ballena National Park, relaxing on the endless beaches, hiking to waterfalls, enjoying great healthy food
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture at our locally-owned accommodation – just minutes walking to the beach
Support innovative educational objectives in Costa Rica while expanding your teaching skills. In this program, you will improve language learning opportunities at local educational facilities we partner with in Uvita. The aim of this project is to improve the educational outcomes of students of all ages and levels. .
This project is led by our local in-country coordinator with over 10 years experience in Costa Rica.
While no previous experience is required for this project, physical fitness and flexibility are beneficial.
All teacher training is provided by our staff and local teaching team You can expect to assist with adults and kids English classes, learn teaching skills, and make lifelong friends. You will be working alongside local teachers and program leaders during the project.
This program contributes to local and global UN Sustainable Development Goals :
#4 Quality Education
#9 Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
#17 Partnership for the Goals
The main focus of this program is to improve educational opportunities for area youth. This program is hands-on and an incredible opportunity to make a rapid difference during your time in Costa Rica. As a volunteer, you do not need to have any prior experience, you will receive teacher training.
Activities will include:
- The work you can expect will vary depending on time of year and needs in the schools – it is important that you remain flexible
- Teaching Kids
Travel & Accommodation
You will be living in a local eco-friendly hotel in a shared accommodation. You will have a shared (same gender) room.
There is clean drinking water and running water available for showers.
Breakfast Included: typical Costa Rican gallo pinto, toast, and eggs as well as pastries and pancakes on some days.
Breakfast is prepared by the hotel. Vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free are easily catered for.
- Minimum age 18
- Be keen and enthusiastic to get involved in the project
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Minimum 1 week commitment
- Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Signed medical form
- Fluent English skills
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
* 20% deposit required to confirm your place. The balance will be due 4 weeks prior to your departure.
** For the latest currency conversions, go to xe.com.
*** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
Project Fee includes:
- 24-hour emergency phone
- 24-hour in-country support
- Access to Alumni Services and Discounts
- Airport pick-up
- All necessary project equipment and materials
- Long-term experienced staff
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- Breakfast daily while on project
- Safe and basic accommodations (usually shared)
- Welcome Orientation Meeting
What’s Not included
- Additional meals, drinks, and gratuities
- Extra local excursions
- International and domestic airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Personal items and toiletries
- Police or background check
- Visa costs (where necessary)
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate