Location: Pokhara, Nepal
Duration: 1-4 weeks commitment
Start Dates: Weekly project starts on a Saturday.
Price: from £1,545 for 1 week. Check the Prices tab for further information.
- Includes: All food, accommodation, airport pickup, pre-departure orientation & training and all project related activities
- Does not include: Flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- The construction project is a very hands-on and is an opportunity to make a rapid difference to the schools and community centres.
- Contribute to construction and renovations requested by our local partners and guided by our local construction staff.
- Support the objectives of UN SDG #4, Quality Education, in Nepal.
- Live and work with other participants from all around the world who are all committed to making a global impact.
- Immerse yourself in Nepali culture at our homestay-style accommodation on the edge of Pokhara’s Lake Phewa.
- Experience the natural beauty of Nepal while trekking or paragliding.
- Immerse yourself in Nepali culture at our homestay-style accommodation on the edge of Pokhara’s Lake Phewa
Support educational objectives in Pokhara through infrastructure development. On this program you will work to improve learning environments at local educational facilities we partner with in Pokhara. The aim of these projects is to improve the educational outcomes of the students or to improve the health and safety standards of the facility.
Projects are led by our local construction coordinator. While no previous experience is required for this project, physical fitness and DIY or construction experience are beneficial.
All training and guidance is provided by our staff and local construction personnel. You can expect to assist with constructing furniture, building and repainting walls. You will be working alongside local workers for the duration of most of our projects.
This program contributes to local construction and globally to Sustainable Development Goals #3 Good Health & Wellbeing, #4 Quality Education, #5 Gender Equality, #9 Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure and #17, Partnership for the Goals, as set by the United Nations.
The main focus of this program will be working to improve educational and community facilities. This program is hands on and an incredible opportunity to make a rapid difference during your time in Pokhara. As a volunteer you wont need to have any prior experience however must be comfortable with lifting & shovelling.
Activities will include:
- Work can consist of anything from building & repainting walls of concrete to painting to building benches or to making toys
- The work you can expect will vary depending on time of year and needs in the community – it is important that you remain flexible
Travel & Accommodation
Accommodation & Food:
You will be living with the other volunteers in shared accommodation with a local host family. You will have a shared (same gender) room with an en-suite bathroom.
All meals are provided on project, breakfast and dinner is prepared by the host family. Vegetarians and vegans are easily catered for.
Health & Hygiene:
The work we contribute to across the globe remains important and new measures allow our participants to continue to join our programs and continue impacting positively on their world and the communities we work with. Changes to our existing protocols have been made by our health and hygiene team to strengthen our health and hygiene protocols and ensure that international standard safeguards are in place to protect our participants, staff and host communities. Please inquire for more information on the protocols.
Local field staff are a great source of information for sightseeing activities. Weekends are free for you to explore the beautiful sight, the possibilities are endless!
Nepal offers some amazing experiences that can be done on the weekends or at end of the program such as trekking in the Annapurana region, visiting the Chitwan National Park, relaxing on the banks of Lake Fewa, enjoying the World Peace Pagoda, visiting Lumbini which is the birth place of Buddha.
We have fabulous views of the Annapurna mountain range and opportunities for treks ranging from a few hours to a full weekend or more
- Minimum age 18
- Be keen and enthusiastic to get involved in the project
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Minimum 1 week commitment
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Signed medical form
- Good English skills
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance. Full assistance will be provided in getting everything you will need ready if you choose our Placement Support Package.
- 1 weeks – £1,895
- 2 weeks – £2,095
- 4 weeks – £2,545
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a 20% deposit.
Project Fee includes;
- 24-hour emergency phone
- 24-hour in-country support
- Access to Alumni Services and Discounts
- Airport pick-up (unless otherwise stated)
- All necessary project equipment and materials
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- Location orientation
- Long term experienced staff
- Meals while on project
- Safe and basic accommodations (usually shared)
- Welcome meeting
- Online program training before program start date:
- Pre-Departure Orientation (1 Hour)
- Program Specific Training (1-5 Hours)
- OPTIONAL: Community Development Online Course (10-15 Hours)
What’s not included:
- Additional drinks and gratuities
- Extra local excursions
- International and domestic airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Personal items and toiletries
- Police or background check
- Visa costs (where necessary)
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate