Location: Lobitos, Peru
Duration: Minimum 6 months to a year with the possibility to extend
Start Dates: Ongoing
- Live and work in a surfing paradise of northern Peru, the land of endless summer (Lobitos, Peru)
- Food (delicious and healthy meals)
- Accommodation provided
- Enhance your CV and gain professional hands-on experience in the renewables sector
- Have a real impact on people’s lives
- Time off (up to 25 days per year if joining for a full year)
- Join a vibrant and unique organization
- Learn from our educational webinars given by our Directors on topics including but not limited to: international development, NGO/social enterprise creation and management, renewable energy, ecosystem restoration, field research techniques, and more.
As a Volunteer Program (VP) Administrator at EcoSwell stationed in Lobitos, you will oversee the day-to-day operations and growth of our volunteer internship program. The main responsibilities for the role are listed below:
- Be the main point of contact with the volunteer internship applicants, process applications and keep application records up to date, organize and participate in interviews alongside the EcoSwell Directors
- Be the main point of contact with our partner organizations related to our volunteer programs
- Manage the volunteer program database on salesforce
- Organize our attendance to UK and US fairs, liaising with EcoSwell ambassadors directly requesting their participation
- Ensure all project descriptions and application platforms are up to date
- Analyze the performance of the volunteer program, pie charts, graphs, etc.
- Manage our outreach tracker with our Director of Outreach and International Operations
- Identify and establish new opportunities and partnerships for expansion of the volunteer program jointly with EcoSwell’s Director of Outreach and International Operations
- Manage volunteer interns and ambassadors for roles related to VP management
- Conduct feedback meetings with volunteers and manage the placement evaluation process
- Send internship certificates at the end of the placement
- Participate and engage with the volunteer interns to enhance/contribute to their experience
- Provide support to any other related tasks when relevant
- Role duration: minimum of 1 year with the possibility to extend. Full time
- Accommodation provided as well as all meals, as a benefit with the position
- Start date: 5th of December 2022 (for an in-person 10 day training period before the end of the year), you’ll then be able to take a 16 day break (10 business days) until the 2nd of January 2022 (reopening of the House) – we have some flexibility in regards to this
- Holidays: 15 business days plus the break from 16th December 2022 – 2nd January 2023 (10 business days). This adds to 25 business days of vacation time.
- Payment: S/. 1,025 PEN (Peruvian soles) per month with the potential for increases based on performance
- Fluent in English
- The ideal candidate will be a positive, proactive and friendly individual, hungry to learn and capable of multitasking
- Relevant degrees or interests (these are not exclusive): business management, international development, international relations, sales, social entrepreneurship, marketing
Travel & Accom.
Airport pickup and drop-off within Talara is provided by us. The best way to get to Lobitos is to fly internationally to Lima, and then take an onward domestic flight to Talara, which is the closest airport. You will be met at the airport in Talara and driven directly to Lobitos which takes about half an hour. Food and board will be provided as part of the job if you are stationed in Lobitos.
During your time off
The northern coast of Peru has amazing surf, beaches, and towns to go visit, with lots of different activities on offer such as:
- Surf lessons with local instructors in Lobitos. Alternatively, you can use EcoSwell surfboards and head out to the waves yourself
- Yoga classes
- Swimming with turtles
- Sea-lion and whale watching trips with local fishermen
- Trekking and birdwatching in the native Dry Forest ecosystem
- Eat traditional Peruvian food at local restaurants
- Visits to other nearby beaches and towns within hours of Lobitos to explore more Peruvian landscapes, culture & history
Below you’ll see the financial contribution required for the in-person and online placements.
|Cost per week||Total Project Fee|
|First 2 weeks||$538 (in person)||$1,326 (in person)|
|3 weeks||$529 (in person)||$1,837 (in person)|
|4 weeks||$529(in person)||$2,366(in person)|
|2 months||$352 (in person)||$3,066 (in person)|
|3 months||$491 (in person)||$6,142(in person)|
* Currency in USD
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** $250 admin fee included
**** 30% deposit required to confirm place.
Project Fee includes food, accommodation, local transfers, 24-hour in-country support, orientation and integration into the project. The financial contribution you make as a volunteer intern helps funds our community projects and operations, it funds our impact. For every volunteer intern that joins our program, we also plant a tree with local families to help restore the degraded forest ecosystem found in our region.
You are having a positive impact just by joining.
What’s not included:
Flights, insurance, visas (if applicable) and vaccinations. Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate