Location: Lobitos, Peru
Duration: Minimum 6 months to a year with the possibility to extend
Start Dates: Ongoing
- The Volunteer Program (VP) Administrator oversees the day-to-day operations and growth of the volunteer internship program.
- Responsibilities include managing volunteer intern and ambassador roles, processing applications, and analyzing program performance.
- The administrator is the main point of contact with volunteer internship applicants and partner organizations.
- They manage the volunteer program database on Salesforce, update project descriptions and application platforms, and establish new opportunities for program expansion.
- The administrator also conducts feedback meetings with volunteers, manages the placement evaluation process, and provides support for related tasks.
Join our team and become a Volunteer Program (VP) Administrator in the beautiful beach town of Lobitos! This is your opportunity to oversee the day-to-day operations of our volunteer internship program while immersing yourself in a supportive and welcoming community.
As our VP Administrator, you will be responsible for managing the entire volunteer program. From processing applications and conducting interviews, to analyzing performance and establishing new partnerships for expansion, your role is vital to the success of our program.
Not only will you gain valuable experience in program management, but you will also have the opportunity to engage with volunteers, enhancing their experience and providing support throughout their placement.
Join us and become a part of something bigger – a community of passionate individuals committed to making a positive impact on the environment and the world around us.
- Role duration: minimum of 1 year with the possibility to extend. Full time
- Accommodation provided as well as all meals, as a benefit with the position
- Start date: 5th of December 2022 (for an in-person 10 day training period before the end of the year), you’ll then be able to take a 16 day break (10 business days) until the 2nd of January 2022 (reopening of the House) – we have some flexibility in regards to this
- Holidays: 15 business days plus the break from 16th December 2022 – 2nd January 2023 (10 business days). This adds to 25 business days of vacation time.
- Payment: S/. 1,025 PEN (Peruvian soles) per month with the potential for increases based on performance
- Fluent in English
- The ideal candidate will be a positive, proactive and friendly individual, hungry to learn and capable of multitasking
- Relevant degrees or interests (these are not exclusive): business management, international development, international relations, sales, social entrepreneurship, marketing
Travel & Accom.
Airport pickup and drop-off within Talara is provided by us. The best way to get to Lobitos is to fly internationally to Lima, and then take an onward domestic flight to Talara, which is the closest airport. You will be met at the airport in Talara and driven directly to Lobitos which takes about half an hour. Food and board will be provided as part of the job if you are stationed in Lobitos.
During your time off
The northern coast of Peru has amazing surf, beaches, and towns to go visit, with lots of different activities on offer such as:
- Surf lessons with local instructors in Lobitos. Alternatively, you can use EcoSwell surfboards and head out to the waves yourself
- Yoga classes
- Swimming with turtles
- Sea-lion and whale watching trips with local fishermen
- Trekking and birdwatching in the native Dry Forest ecosystem
- Eat traditional Peruvian food at local restaurants
- Visits to other nearby beaches and towns within hours of Lobitos to explore more Peruvian landscapes, culture & history
Below you’ll see the financial contribution required for the in-person and online placements.
|Cost per week||Total Project Fee|
|First 2 weeks||$538 (in person)||$1,326 (in person)|
|3 weeks||$529 (in person)||$1,837 (in person)|
|4 weeks||$529(in person)||$2,366(in person)|
|2 months||$352 (in person)||$3,066 (in person)|
|3 months||$491 (in person)||$6,142(in person)|
* Currency in USD
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** $250 admin fee included
**** 30% deposit required to confirm place.
Project Fee includes food, accommodation, local transfers, 24-hour in-country support, orientation and integration into the project. The financial contribution you make as a volunteer intern helps funds our community projects and operations, it funds our impact. For every volunteer intern that joins our program, we also plant a tree with local families to help restore the degraded forest ecosystem found in our region.
You are having a positive impact just by joining.
What’s not included:
Flights, insurance, visas (if applicable) and vaccinations. Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate