Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Duration: Minimum 3 months
Cost: from $940 USD / €850 EUR for 2 months. See Costs tab for further details
Start Dates: Project is on-going and you can join at any time, subject to availability
- Gain valuable hands-on engineering skills in exciting multi-cultural Bangkok.
- Acquire first-hand knowledge in Southeast Asia’s emerging markets.
- Additional advantages including Thai language training, top quality accommodation, access to exclusive business networking events and many more.
- Ideal for those studying engineering or science.
- Keywords: science, engineering, serious internship.
Southeast Asia’s emerging markets belong to the most rapidly growing economies in the world. However, this fast-track development also introduces large technical and organisational challenges to the region. In order to keep up with the economic and demographic growth, tremendous progress is needed across all sectors including infrastructure, energy, construction and telecommunication.
This exciting Science & Engineering internship offers you opportunities to tackle these challenges and be a part of the solution. You will contribute to the operations of one of the most active companies in Southeast Asia and gain hands-on experience in your study field. As an intern on the programme, you will learn by working with leading industry professionals providing you with an intense on-the-job training.
This is a great opportunity for engineering students and graduates to gain work experience in a new and exciting market with great potential for the future. You will learn to adapt to a new business culture and gain valuable business connections to accelerate your international career.
You programme will start off with a 1-week Thai language training, giving you a basic vocabulary as well as an induction into the local culture.
Your internship will take place at an industry-leading company in your field of interest. One of the placement companies is a major player in the manufacturing industry. Specific tasks at this particular company include utilizing AutoCAD to develop facility layout drawings, perform time studies, assess material costs as well as time requirements of projects, evaluate data collection systems and many more. Moreover, the work in international Bangkok will give you the chance to greatly advance your cultural awareness, which makes a great personal asset in today’s globalized business world.
Interning in Bangkok will be an impressive addition to your personal profile. Not only will this enhance your resume but you can also discover the thrilling city of Bangkok. Bangkok offers countless activities and entertainment opportunities. Changing busy Bangkok life for a nice relaxing weekend at the beach or nature once in a while is nice to keep your mind fresh. This multifaceted environment combined with the extremely hospitable and welcoming nature of Thai people makes Thailand an ideal country to be explored by various trips during your internship.
Your placement also includes Thai language classes. A basic knowledge of the local language will not only help you during your internship, it will also allow you to fully immerse in the new culture and facilitate the interaction with locals. Furthermore, you will be granted access to exclusive business networking events, allowing you to make valuable connection in the local business community.
Travel & Accom.
Upon arrival in Bangkok you will be met at the airport and taken to your accommodations. These are high standard accommodations, usually including fitness centres and a pool to cool off after a full day on the programme.
- Minimum age 18.
- Minimum 3 months commitment.
- Relevant academic background.
- Determination, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment.
- Fluency in English
- Travel & Medical insurance
- Necessary Vaccinations.
|Placement Package||Standard Package|
|Duration||USD*||EUR||USD ($)||EUR (€)|
|2 months||$940||€ 850||$3,125||€ 2,840|
|3 months||$940||€ 850||$3,910||€ 3,540|
|4 months||$1,130||€ 1,020||$5,160||€ 4,670|
|5 months||$1,250||€ 1,130||$6,100||€ 5,520|
|6 months||$1,320||€ 1,200||$6,940||€ 6,280|
*Price are fixed in USD ($) so there could be some fluctuations due to the current currencies exchange rates.
**Prices exclude 7% VAT
*** 5% bank transfer fee added to all transactions.
**** Places are confirmed with a $390 deposit.
Placement Package includes;
- Customized internship placement
- 24/7 in-country emergency assistance
- Visa Assistance
- Discounts on language lessons & Networking events
- Certification of Achievement from your host company
Standard package includes;
- Everything in the Placement Package, plus;
- Accommodation (Including water,internet & electricity)
- Airport pick-up at arrival
- Pick-up and drop-off from your apartment to your workplace on your first day
- Resume enhancement for your future career
- Preloaded BTS or MRT card (for public transport)
- Domestic SIM card
What’s Not included:
Food, flights, visas, vaccinations and insurance are not included. Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Placement Support Package
For your trip, we will help you organise and plan everything you will need from start to finish. Our coordinators know each project & country like the back of their hand, and will be able to offer personalised advice to ensure your trip is well-planned & executed to perfection.
This includes one-to-one assistance planning and booking;
- Pre-departure Support - Flights, Visas, Vaccinations, Insurance, Essential Items and anything else you will need before you set off.
- Ongoing In-country Support - whilst you are on the project you can Contact us at any time with any questions or concerns and we will do whatever we can to help.
- 24/7 Emergency Support - a phone number that you or your family can ring at any time, night or day in case of emergency.
Our Placement Support Package costs £249 / $349 / €295 per person, and can be purchased once you are ready to confirm your place.