IMPORTANT — OUR VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN CAMBODIA ARE STILL SUSPENDED —
- Since Mid November 2021, the Government of Cambodia has slowly started to reopen the country to tourism.
- However, traveling to Cambodia is still pretty troublesome. You shall require a VISA prior to departure, have official, stamped and signed documentation proving you are either double vaccinated & COVID negative prior to departure. Should your documentation not be right, you will be denied departure at the check-in. Should you be positive upon arrival or doing your stay you will be required to quarantine at your own expenses.
- For all these reasons, we believe we still cannot guarantee a smooth and safe experience for our volunteers in Cambodia and we are still NOT accepting applications.
- We will review how the global situation progresses in September 2022 and evaluate what to do.
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ONLINE VOLUNTEERING?
- In the meantime, there’s a whole lot of good that you can do through online volunteering!
- Volunteering online lets you donate your virtual time and skills to a cause in Cambodia whilst at home, which means you can make a difference even if you can’t go physically volunteer somewhere.
- If you are interested in the opportunity of a virtual volunteer project, you can still submit your application and upload your CV. We are particularly looking for WordPress Developers and Digital Marketing professionals.
- Luisa, our local partner in Cambodia, will help you find the right match and connect you with an ethical organization in Cambodia dedicated to a cause that matters to you.
- Upon a successful match , you will be asked to contribute with a one-off project fee ( 15USD) .
ON THE FIELD VOLUNTEERING -STARTING JANUARY 2022 – TENTATIVE
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duration: Minimum 3 months , extendable
Project type: Unpaid volunteer position
Cost: $ 490 one-off placement fee – please see Costs section for further details.
- Opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and holistic NGO treating children’s health in Cambodia
- Learning opportunity in how a NGO hospital operates and in the complex issues surrounding paediatric medical care in a developing country
- Opportunity to make a lasting impact on how we use donor data and optimize systems to better fund the hospital, contributing to its sustainability
Graphic designing skills are needed to help a non-for-profit health care centre for children in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The centre needs a more professional portfolio of promotional, informational and events materials, as the hospital relies on fundraising to operate at full capacity, of which promotional materials are very important.
You will need to have professional experience and be able to work with few resources, and colleagues of varying skills. A friendly and positive outlook is essential! Your duties will include designing for an international audience, producing everything from fundraising packs to event invitations.
You will work closely with the Communications Manager. Your main role and responsibility is to design and produce graphics, communications and events materials that support the goals of the fundraising team, promote awareness of Hospital and facilitate Hospital’s fundraising efforts.
- Plan and design promotional materials, such as posters, cards, brochures, social media to raise the profile of Hospital. This may include providing mock-ups, drafts and/or presentation of ideas.
- Plan and design layout of key development department communications materials such as reports, newsletters, appreciation cards/letters, policies, information pages etc. This may include providing mock-ups, drafts and/or presentation of ideas
- Ensure basic graphics branding package is easily accessible to Communications and Development staff, including; logo package and corporate colour codes and guidelines on how to use them.
At the end of the project period, we expect that the you will have produced a range of easy-to-edit templates that will allow Hospital to continue using your designs by tweaking/updating them so that they can be used for new/different audiences.
This will make working processes at Hospital much more efficient than at present, where graphic design has become increasingly important and increasingly problematic because we don’t have the skills set needed.
You will have also passed some of their knowledge and experience to the Cambodian graphic designer and social media officer, enabling them to improve their skills and confidence.
Travel & Accommodation
The accommodations and living expenses costs in Cambodia have changed. Due to Covid, many low-cost hostels have shut down and other touristic facilities are no more available. Everything is still very much a work in progress. We will provide updates for when we will open to applications again.
- Minimum 3 months commitment
- 3 years experience in general graphic design in addition to a degree in graphic design
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Excellent written and spoken English, not necessarily native speaker
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flights & visas (most nationalities will be fine with a tourist visa)
- Criminal Record Check
THE COST OF THE PLACEMENT FEE WILL BE REVIEWED AND UPDATED FOR THE TIME WHEN WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS AGAIN.
* Full placement fee required as deposit.
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
*** Check xe.com for the latest currency conversions
- Help you find the right organization – We only work with organizations that have a clear mission statement, are socially conscious, ethical in their practices and making a positive impact within the Cambodian community.
- Match your skills with the right project – We ensure your professional background, expertise and personal expectations are properly matched with the right project, to ensure you have a meaningful and responsible volunteer experience.
- Assist you in getting ready – We will coordinate the drafting and signature of a Volunteer Project Scope of Work prior to your departure, to ensure method of work, goals, outcomes and, overall, your volunteer experience is meaningful and aligned with your expectations.
- Pre-departure check-list – We will provide you a list of things to do and bring in your luggage prior to your departure.
- Pick you up at Siem Reap Airport – We will pick you up at the airport upon your arrival and bring you to our accommodation.
- Welcome you on onboard – We’ll offer a cultural induction and orientation tour to help you settle in.
- Reference letter – At the completion of your volunteering, we will provide you with a valuable reference to showcase your professional impact whilst here in Cambodia.
What’s not included:
You will need to cover the cost on your own on flights, insurance, vaccinations, visa, accommodation and food.
You can watch this clip to learn more how to budget for your volunteer experience in Cambodia
Full assistance will be provided in getting everything ready if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate