Location: Catalonia, Spain.
Duration: 3 months
Cost: Ranging from $745 – $1,095. See ‘Costs’ tab for further details
The course runs 3 times a year – end of September, mid-January and after the Easyer holidays
Who is this programme for?
– Those who would like a longer practical component of their TEFL course.
– Those who are looking for extra classroom experience to add to their CVs before applying for jobs
– Those who are looking for a cultural immersion experience to add to their CVs – ideal for university applications, as a semester abroad opportunity, or a gap year experience
– Those who are only looking for a short TEFL experience, before committing to a year-long contract abroad.
Imagine embarking on an adventure of a lifetime, where you can fully immerse yourself in a new culture, meet incredible people, and create lifelong memories – all while giving back to the local community. Our program offers a “home away from home” experience, making the transition abroad easier and less daunting.
Experience the thrill of exploring new horizons, while also making a positive impact in the lives of others. By joining this project, you can have the opportunity to make a difference, contribute to sustainable development, and gain invaluable life skills.
Don’t let the fear of change or regret hold you back from experiencing all that life has to offer. Step out of your comfort zone and embrace the unknown. The possibilities are endless and the rewards are immeasurable. Join us on this incredible journey and create memories that will last a lifetime.
An interactive, collaborative, online 120-hour TESOL/TEFL course, focused on essential teaching elements to prepare prospective teachers before stepping into an ESL classroom as a paid or volunteer position.
Course participants will be prepared to teach English abroad as qualified and confident ESL teachers. They will gain the confidence to teach in a diversity of situations and age groups before stepping foot into a paid position which will better equip them to secure quality teaching opportunities abroad.
- Module 1: Introduction to teaching ESL
Purpose: to familiarise you with essential information about this course and create class rules
– Detail motivations for different stakeholders (teachers, students, parents) in learning English.
– Identify different methods of setting classroom rules and develop age appropriate class expectations.
- Module 2: Getting to Know Your Learners
Purpose: to define what it means to be a good teacher and identify learning neuromyths
– Describe at least one best teacher practice and how it relates to student learning.
– Identify qualities of good classroom teaching through student-centered classrooms.
- Module 3: Foundations of Lesson Planning
Purpose: to practice constructing a lesson plan and writing and measuring objectives
– Explain the three parts of the PPP lesson structure without reference to notes.
– Write an objective, including a behaviour, standard, and condition.
– Plan parts of a lesson plan, adhering to the PPP structure using warm ups, brain breaks, and cool downs.
- Module 4: Giving Effective Instructions
Purpose: to practice giving clear and effective instructions
– Put in order the steps to giving effective instructions.
– Create a recording of yourself giving effective instructions to set up a simple activity.
- Module 5: Teaching Pronunciation and Vocabulary
Purpose: to practice ways of making teaching vocabulary and pronunciation fun, engaging, and effective
– Identify at least 3 common challenges for ELLs with regard to pronunciation without reference to notes.
– Introduce three vocabulary words by back-chaining and demonstrating syllable stress.
- Module 6: Teaching Grammar
Purpose: to understand common grammar challenges and understand ways to develop grammar activities
– Identify at least 3 common challenges for ELLs with regard to grammar without reference to notes.
– Detail the plans for a grammar activity intended to help ELLs with these challenges.
- Module 7: Teaching Listening and Speaking
Purpose: to practice planning listening and speaking activities
– Organise the list of steps to a listening and speaking lesson.
– Plan a listening and/or speaking activity, demonstrating steps to giving directions.
- Module 8: Teaching Reading and Writing
Purpose: to identify the parts of reading and writing lessons
– Explain the differences between skimming and scanning activities.
– Organise the list of steps to a reading lesson.
– List the parts of a writing lesson without reference to notes.
- Module 9: Classroom Management
Purpose: to identify ways to create a positive, supportive, and structured environment that allows for student learning
– Clarify at least one management technique to address a hypothetical classroom scenario, with reference to notes.
– Explain how they would address a disruptive student, according to a realistic classroom scenario.
- Module 10: Career Readiness
Purpose: to familiarise you with how to successfully conduct a job search and apply for teaching positions
– Explain how they will look for jobs, based on the tools provided in this session.
– Prepare questions for the interviewer and answers to common interview questions.
– Plan and lead a short demo lesson, facilitating a practice activity.
Required Texts, Materials, and Equipment:
● Laptop or computer
● Internet access
● Audio (to watch videos)
● Word processor or Google Docs for written assignments
● Video recording software/app (phone or laptop)
You will have five written homework assignments, two video recordings, and three lesson plans in addition to the Module Quizzes.
● Assignment 1: Motivation for teaching
● Assignment 2: Effective and ineffective teachers
● Assignment 3: Written steps for two warm-ups and two brain breaks
● Assignment 4: Video recording of giving effective instructions
● Assignment 5: Video recording of presenting vocabulary
● Assignment 6: Teach like a Champion classroom management techniques
● Assignment 7: Reflective Essay
● 3 Lesson Plans:
– Lesson plan for teaching children
– Lesson plan for teaching adults
– Lesson plan for teaching teens
We also offer an optional guaranteed job placement in Thailand, Cambodia or Indonesia upon completion of this course. You can find full details of the placement in our Paid Placements section.
Travel & Accom.
Upon arrival in Spain, you will be met at the local airport by a program representative and taken to your training location and accommodations.
Host families are not paid, they volunteer to host you as they want to experience another language and culture in their home and share theirs with you. Also, all families are connected to the school placement. This element of the programme is unique and what makes it special.
Some families are wealthier than others, but you will share a typical Spanish home with your hosts. In ALL cases, you will have your own bedroom. You may share a bathroom and other living spaces with the family – you become part of their family during your stay.
We have host families that can accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian diets.
You will need to meet the following requirements in order to apply to the programme:
– Be a native English speaker/have a native level of English
– Need to have completed high school
– Be a passport holder from one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
– Aged between 20 to 30 years old.
– Provide a clear criminal background check or police clearance certificate
– Have no medical conditions that will affect your teaching and cultural exchange. It’s important that you disclose any conditions during the application process.
1. 120-hour online TEFL/TESOL certificate, with teacher practicums as a 3-month
internship as a volunteer teacher in Spain ($895 USD)
2. 120-hour online TEFL/TESOL certificate, with teacher practicums as a 3-month
internship in Spain, followed by guaranteed job placement in Asia after the
internship ($1,095 USD)
3. For those already TEFL qualified: a 3-month internship in Spain, with only additional
modules on problems for Spanish learners, and Spanish culture ($745 USD)
4. For those already TEFL qualified: a 3-month internship in Spain, with only additional
modules on problems for Spanish learners, and Spanish culture PLUS guaranteed job
placement in Asia after the volunteer internship ($795 USD)
– Places are confirmed with a 20% non-refundable deposit.
– 5% bank charge fee will be added at checkout.
- Food – 3 meals per day
- Accommodation with host family
- Local transport
What’s Not included:
- Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate