Location: Training is is Canggu, Bali. You will then be offered placement assistance as a paid teacher locations in Indonesia, or choose to be a digital nomad and teach online. Once the pandemic is over and travel is easier, there will be the option of placement assistance in Thailand or Vietnam for degree holders, or Cambodia for both degree and non-degree holders.
Duration: Training lasts 4 weeks, 140 hours of TEFL training, including in-class training in local schools. Teaching placements are minimum 1 school year.
Cost: $1445 for the 4 weeks course. See ‘Costs’ tab for further details
Salary: $1,000-1,200 average USD per month depending on location and experience.
2021: 3 May, 31 May, 28 June, 30 August, 4 Oct, 1 Nov
- Gain your TEFL Certificate in Bali, including classroom experience and certification.
- Internationally accredited certificate, respected and recognized across the world.
- Guaranteed paid placement at the end of your training (native speakers only).
- Full assistance provided throughout your placement.
- International teaching experience working with adults and children.
- Keywords: paid placement, teaching, TEFL, education, work placement abroad.
You’ve taken the first step in an adventure that will change your life, as well as those of others! Teaching English as a foreign language is a rewarding experience, and a fulfilling way to discover another part of the world, as well as a new culture. Studying and working abroad is also a great achievement that you can proudly list on your CV/resumé. Note: A degree is required to work as a teacher in Indonesia. Should you not have a degree, you can teach online as a digital nomad from Indonesia, or rather do our Cambodia program, where you can legally work as a teacher without a degree.
Bali is a world famous island in the Indonesian archipelago. The island is known for its immense surf scene, gorgeous rice paddies and its yoga culture. Local hospitality and culture makes a warm and comforting experience whilst feeling relaxed and safe.
The varied landscape of hills and mountains, rough and rugged coastlines, lush sandy beaches, gorgeous rice terraces and barren volcanic hillsides all provide the perfect photo backdrop to the deep and cultured soul of the island.
Bali is paradise on earth.
The following areas/subjects are covered during your 4 weeks of TEFL / TESOL training:
- An introduction to South East Asian culture – to help your transition into the local classroom and community.
- Teaching techniques – we provide you with models to teach beginners as well as advanced students, young learners and adults
- Teaching the four skills of language: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Planning a course for special purposes (such as for a business)
- Grammar – brushing up yours as a teacher, and techniques to teach grammar
- Creating materials for lessons
- Lesson planning
- Suitable activities for the language classroom
- Discipline in the classroom
- Building rapport with your students, including warmers and coolers in the classroom.
- Classroom management, covering all aspects
- Teaching one-to-one, as well as larger classes
- Teaching vocabulary
- Understanding problems for Asian learners (understanding the differences between their language and English) as well as for other key languages, such as Spanish and Russian.
- Error correction techniques
- Preparing your CV/resumé, and tips for the interview process
- Teaching business English
- Teaching practices and assignments:
- You will have the opportunity to conduct several full lessons (teacher practicums). These are observed by a trainer, and detailed and constructive feedback is given to you after each lesson, to help you improve for your next lesson, and your career to follow. (You will get an opportunity to teach both young learners and adults). Our qualified trainers will assist you with the lesson planning process.
- Materials project: Here you will present the materials used for lessons, to the class.
- A journal entry assignment
- Various lesson planning and group work assignments
- Various tests and tasks over the 4-week course, covering grammar, punctuation and a few other aspects covered in class. We work with our teachers to adequately prepare them for these tests. All content of the tests is covered during the course.
There is no final examination that determines your pass grade. Your final course result is determined by the combined marks of the assignments above, as well as on your participation and teamwork in class, attendance and behaviour.
A grade of at least 70% is required in order to pass the course. More than 50% of this grade is made up of marks for teacher practices.
All graduates also receive a report, and those who obtain a distinction, are also presented with a personalised letter of reference.
Placement assistance is offered as per your selected program. Job placements will be subject to the time of the year & current in-country situation. We will endeavour to guide you through the complete placement process, submit your CV to our network of schools and equip you the skills required to ACE your interview with your potential employer.
Teaching placements are available in numerous locations all over Indonesia, including rural and urban areas. During your training, interviews with prospective employers will be held via Skype or phone. You can state your preference for location and school, however you will need to be flexible, as ultimately, it is up to each school to make the decision. Teachers with a university degree and previous experience may have greater choice in placements.
During your placement you should expect to work hours subject to the language centre. Teachers in Asia are accorded a great deal of respect and you will be expected to behave in a manner befitting this level of respect. You will need to dress and behave appropriately at all times. During your training course, you will be given tips and pointers how best to target your CV/resume to the market as well as interview preparation.
Salaries in Indonesia: average $1000-1200 USD.
Travel & Accom.
You will be met at Denpasar airport by a project representative and brought to the training centre. NOTE: during the pandemic there are only flights to Jakarta where you will have to do a 5-day quarantine before taking a quick internal flight to Bali
Accommodation in Bali averages $300 for the 4-week period, options will be sent on sign-up.
- Minimum age 20. No upper age limit applies, though certain employers may impose this, especially if working with young children.
- Placement assistance for native English speakers only (UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Aus, NZ and SA).
- No University degree needed for the course but it is required to legally teach in Indonesia. Non degree holders can teach online as a digital nomad.
- Willingness to dress and behave appropriately both in training and during your placement.
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal conviction.
- Willingness to adhere to and respect local customs and traditions.
- Necessary vaccinations. (if required – check at time of booking)
- Necessary flights & visas. (during the pandemic, pre-approved visas are required – full details provided on enquiry)
- Full travel & medical insurance.
Full 4 week course
US$1440 GBP Project Fee*. (Excluding accommodation – on average $300 for the 4 weeks)
* Placements are secured through a non-refundable 30% deposit on the project fee.
** Currency conversions are approximate.
***All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
Depending on your background and previous experience as well as location of your teaching placement, you can expect to earn around $900 – $1200 per month.
- 4 weeks TEFL/TESOL course including practical training with real students
- Culture tour
- Job placement assistance
- Airport collection from Bali airport (note that during the pandemic you have to fly into Jakarta airport and quarantine for 5 days.
What’s Not included:
Flights, visas, vaccinations, insurance, meals, and domestic travel are not included.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate