Location: You can be placed as a teacher in various locations all around China
Cost: £495 Placement Fee
Remuneration: Between 6,000-14,000 RMB per month, depending on location, school and experience. – See Costs tab for further details
Start Dates: Placement start dates for public schools in February and August, private language schools offer rolling start dates throughout the year.
- Get paid a full salary teaching English to eager students
- Intensive on-site training to ensure you’re comfortable in your new role
- Immerse yourself in a culture-rich, beautiful country
- Keywords: Paid teaching, teacher placement, English teacher, China teacher programme, teaching placement, teach English
In this extraordinary placement, you’ll get paid a full salary to teach English to eager students in China. Over the years, China has been opening itself up to the Western World and recognises the importance of English as an international language. This has led to an increased demand for English teachers in the country, with many more urgently required.
This is a long-term China teacher programme, which enables you to truly immerse yourself in this magnificent country. You will partake in daily life just like you were one of the country’s own citizens. This gives you the opportunity to indulge in its rich culture, as well as make new life-long friends.
You will be paid between 7,000 to 14,000 RMB per month for a 1-year contract, or 6,000 to 10,000 RMB per month when taking on a 5 month, 1 semester contract. Be aware that if you do choose the 5 month contract, you will only be able to enter via an F-Visa. All monthly salary figures stated are before tax.
You will not just be providing valuable education to Chinese students, but you’ll also develop a much deeper knowledge of the country, its traditions and its people. We are also on-hand to help support you throughout your journey as and when required. You may be placed in International/Public kindergartens, primary schools, middle schools or high schools. The area and the choices you have will depend upon availability at the time of the programme.
The schools you will be placed in have been thoroughly researched and are considered some of the most elite schools in the country. This guarantees you get the best possible teaching experience. You will be matched to a school based upon the knowledge you can provide, and the subjects required. Just some of the locations you may be placed in include:
You will be working alongside a super-friendly group of coordinators and Chinese staff. The coordinators are there to ensure your placement runs smoothly and to assist you whenever required.
At the end of the contract, you can choose to renew it, either at the same school or you can request to try out a new one if you’d prefer. Intensive on-site training will be provided to ensure you are comfortable in your new position.
You will be working Monday to Friday, from 8am through to 5pm. You will get a 2-and-a-half-hour lunch break which isn’t typically considered part of your working hours.
Occasionally you may get 3-4 days off if there are Chinese festivals and school holidays. The summer holidays run from the middle of July until the end of August and the winter holiday runs from the middle of January to the 25th February.
When you first arrive, you will undergo in-depth orientation. This will typically last 3-5 days and then you’ll be provided with ongoing training throughout the placement. During the induction, you will meet other participants from all walks of life and placed with an English-speaking Chinese coordinator. It is designed to fully immerse you in Chinese culture.
Travel & Accommodation
You will be picked up from the airport and you can choose between free accommodation or a flight reimbursement. Transport isn’t provided between your accommodation and the placement, but you can easily take the bus or subway due to your convenient location.
- Minimum age is 18
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum commitment of one full semester (6 month visa)
- Fluent in English
- TEFL Certification (we can advise on suitable certificates) OR minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Native English speaking country OR bachelor’s from a Native English speaking country (Australia,
- Canada, Ireland, NZ, UK, US)
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Strong interest in teaching & great with children
- Easy going and enthusiastic to experience Chinese culture
- Necessary flights & visas
£495 GBP Placement Fee
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a £200 deposit, balance is due 4 weeks prior to your departure
- Work visa assistance
- Airport pick-up
- Work visa document FedEx fee (RMB200) is paid by the contract Company
- free accommodation or flight reimbursement
- online support throughout the programme
What’s Not included:
- Flights (flight allowances offered, see above)
- Travel insurance and vaccinations.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate