Location: Chicago, IL, USA. Free lifetime job guidance included with tuition for assistance with paid teaching placements in more than 80 countries worldwide.
Duration: 4 weeks full-time commitment. This is an intensive university-level course. Start dates each month – see training section for exact dates.
Cost: $1,995 for 4 week course – see Costs tab for more information
Salary: Varies on country – all paid positions to be able to at least cover all expenses abroad with many positions allowing teachers to save 30% – 50% of paycheck.
- Internationally accredited TEFL training and certification, 180 hours training + 10 hours observed student teaching
- Full assistance throughout your course.
- Free lifetime Job guidance included.
- Keywords: teaching English, educational, TEFL training.
Come to Chicago to gain your internationally recognized and accredited TEFL certificate. Just one mile from Lake Michigan, and 15 minutes ride from downtown, you will be studying in an amazing location.
During your training, you will be taught by two university-level professors, and receive support from our highly experienced team of advisors and staff. Our staff have all spent years travelling, living and working abroad, with extensive knowledge and connections to more than 80 countries worldwide. It is a requirement that all our staff members are able to add real value to our students.
You will receive lifetime global Job Search Guidance. These services and resources include one-on-one assistance from our expert advisors; contact information for tens of thousands of schools across the globe; links to top recruiters around the globe; hundreds of pages of information and links for getting jobs virtually everywhere; and much more.
You will be engaged in an intensive university-level course, so come prepared! You will be in class 5 days per week, with homework in the evenings. Also, you will be asked to complete bi-weekly classroom-experiences where you will need to stay late until 8pm.
Our TEFL certification course is specially designed to provide you with all of the tools necessary to succeed as a professional English teacher. This course is taught by highly experienced professors and includes classroom-experience teaching with local ESL students.
Here is a brief overview of what you will cover during our course;
• Basic principles of teaching
• Classroom Management
• Error Correction
• Lesson Planning
• Use of Visual & Audio Aids
• Teaching group classes: beginner, pre-intermediate, intermediate, advanced
• Conversational English
• Teaching grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation
• Language Awareness
• Private Tutoring
• Teaching Business English
January 8 – February 2,
February 12 – March 9,
March 12 – April 6,
April 16 – May 11,
May 14 – June 8,
June 18 – July 13,
July 16 – August 10,
August 20 – September 14,
September 17 – October 12,
October 22 – November 16,
November 26 – December 21,
You will begin to receive job guidance before you have even started the training. We will get started discussing your requirements, expectations and preferences once your place is confirmed. You can expect the following assistance in finding work after your training;
• Work with an experienced Student Affairs Advisor
• Tools: Job Search Guidance Manual, ITA Job Search Webinars, School Directories, Job Boards, Recruiters;
• Tasks: Write cover letter & resume, get documents (passport, criminal background check, academic records – if necessary), network with ITA students and alumni through exclusive social media channels;
• Contact schools, apply for jobs, interview with schools;
• In most cases, those looking to teach in Europe & Latin America will go to their country of choice and interview in-person during a major hiring season;
• For countries in Asia, the Persian Gulf and some countries in Latin American & Europe (examples: Russia, Turkey, Chile), you will interview from home by Skype & Phone.
Travel & Accommodation
We will provide advice on what housing options exist nearby, including hostels that are located close by, and easy to reach us buy public transport.
There are several hostels located nearby, which cost around $27-35 USD per night. You could also rent an apartment or sublease a room, as well as look on AirBnB for places to stay.
You will be given easy to follow instructions on how to reach us from the airport. there are many public transport options available.
Prior to being accepted, you will need to conduct an interview with us, and complete the application process.
- You will need to also have;
A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Fluent and proficient English Skills.
- Non-native speakers will be required to write a brief essay and interview over the phone to verify their English skills prior to enrollment.
- Ability to complete a university level course that incorporates extensive reading, homework, papers, quizzes, tests, lessons plans, and student teaching/observation (practicum). All work is graded and each student must pass the class and fulfill the practicum requirement to earn their certification.
$1,995 USD for 4 weeks course
* $500 deposit required to confirm your place. The balance will be due 4 weeks prior to your departure.
** Currency conversions are approximate.
*** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
Salary: varies on country – all paid positions to be able to at least cover all expenses abroad with many positions allowing teachers to save 30% – 50% of paycheck.
• TEFL course tuition
• Welcome Lunch & graduation Party
• Assistance with making housing arrangements (housing costs not included)
• Lifetime job guidance advice worldwide, including workshops during the course
What’s Not included
• Personal Expenses
• International Flights
• Course books (purchase upon enrollment – appr. $70 USD)
• Visa, Insurance
• Housing costs
Accommodation is not included but you will receive housing assistance; you should budget around $800 – $1,500 during your course
Note: Map coordinates are approximate