Location: Training is on Koh Samui, Thailand. Select teaching placements available throughout Thailand.
Duration: Training lasts 4 weeks, 120 hours of TEFL training, including in-class training in local schools. Teaching placements are minimum 5 months (one Thai school term).
Cost: 49,950 THB (approx. $1,600 USD) for 4 week course (Early-bird discounts available). See ‘Costs’ tab for further details
Salary: ฿30.000+ THB (approximately $950 USD) per month depending on location and experience.
Start Dates: April 22nd, May 20th, July 29th, September 16th, October 14th, November 11th 2019
- Gain your TEFL certificate needed to teach English abroad or online in paradise on the lush island of Koh Samui in Thailand
- Complimentary transportation to our partner hotel is provided for those arriving via the Samui International Airport
- Discounted hotel rates are provided for our students at a four-star rated hotel minutes from the TEFL training facility and daily shuttle transportation is offered to our students between campuses
- Complimentary access to our student center is provided to our students which includes the use of computers, WiFi, printers, lesson planning books, a white board to practice your writing, fresh drinking water, couches and a lounge area to relax, and course materials including paper, pens, markers, and pencils
- Job placement and visa assistance is provided to all TEFL students
- On the job training is provided in real classrooms at local Thai government schools, resorts and businesses throughout each four-week course so you’ll build your resume while attending our TEFL training academy
- All students have access to a café on site for cash only purchases – items include avocado toast, smoothies, sandwiches, salads, coffee, tea, and more.
What better way to earn your TEFL certificate than on a lush tropical island in Thailand? Koh Samui has so much to offer our students including the most amazing work/life balance while on the course. There are so many things to do when you aren’t in class, including temple tours, jeep excursions, dining at some of the best restaurants in the area, relaxing on the pristine white sand beaches, snorkeling, diving, mountain hiking, paragliding, sailing, jetskiing, kayaking, and island hopping to our popular sister islands, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. Our TEFL program truly allows you the flexibility of enjoying your life while attaining your TEFL certificate.
Our world-class TEFL training facility is located at the ISS Study Centre on the grounds of the highly respected International School of Samui providing our students with an unmatched sense of trust, security and community. Our campus not only serves as a TEFL training facility but a full-time language school with Thai and English language courses taught daily in small group and 1-to-1 formats. TEFL teacher training in a private school environment provides an advantage to our graduates, as they get a feel for this kind of teaching environment, as well as in the public schools we visit for observed teaching practices. Our strategic alliance with the International School of Samui offers our TEFL students the valuable experience of teaching children and adults from not just Thailand, but all over the world.
We take immense pride in offering our students the very best training experience possible during each four week course. This includes the careful selection of our partner hotel for student accommodation needs as we want to ensure the utmost quality, safety and amenities for our students whilst here on beautiful Koh Samui. We are proud to partner with the luxurious Boonjumnong Modern Apartments – a four star rated resort complex located in the heart of Chaweng and minutes from our campus. Through our partnership, we are able to offer our students a 30-day stay at this beautiful resort at a severely discounted rate.
First and foremost, it’s our goal to ensure you have the best experience possible during your time with us. We definitely take time to have fun throughout the course – after all, shouldn’t teaching and learning be fun? It’s also our goal to educate our students to the best of their abilities so they leave our TEFL family with the satisfaction that they just received the best TEFL training experience possible. When students leave our campus, it’s our goal for them to be extremely confident in their abilities to not only teach children, but adults alike.
The syllabus consists of specific topics covered throughout your training, a course in Thai cultural awareness, one written assignment, 10 peer observations, multiple assessments given to gauge areas each student should focus on prior to our final exam, career development and resume writing, and the six+ guaranteed hours of teaching practices.
Our TEFL certificate is awarded to candidates who have completed the course and who have met all the criteria for all written and practical assignments. Final grades are determined by a multi-tiered approach based on the student’s overall final exam as well as observed teaching practices, assignments, and other weighted classroom related activities.
You will receive in-depth training on the following topics:
- The Teaching Process
- PPP Lesson Plan for Children
- Adult Teaching Practices
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing
- Classroom Interaction
- Classroom Discipline
- Lesson Preparation
- Effective Career Search and Resume Writing Techniques
Through our partnership with a leading English language learning center, we are able to offer native English speakers with university degrees a guaranteed teaching job upon graduation from our TEFL training academy in Thailand. Once at our academy on Koh Samui, you will meet one-on-one with our Director of Studies to discuss your desires as a TEFL teacher – what part of the country you’d prefer to teach, what level, etc. She will then work with you to get you placed accordingly.
If you are not a native English speaker or do not hold a university degree, don’t worry. We hold an intensive career training session as part of our TEFL curriculum to get you the training you need to be the best candidate post-graduation! We will assist you with your resume, provide you with all the right places to look for your dream job teaching abroad, hold mock interviews to strengthen your techniques, and put you in touch with the right people to begin your new career. All of the teachers we’ve trained have successfully found teaching jobs around the world – you just have to put in the effort, be proactive in your search and be patient.
Travel & Accom.
We are proud to offer our students complimentary pick up services upon arrival at Koh Samui International Airport. You will be met by a program representative and taken to our partner hotel for check in. We are proud to partner with a four star rated resort complex located in the heart of Chaweng and minutes from our campus. Through our partnership, we are able to offer our students accommodation at this gorgeous hotel at the extremely discounted rate of $395/room.
If you choose to stay at our partner hotel during your training, rest assured you are in the best hands. A 30-day stay is included with your accommodation, and twice-daily scheduled transportation between the hotel and our main campus is complimentary for those who choose to stay at our partner hotel. Below is a list of what’s included with your stay along with the many reasons why it’s our partner hotel during your TEFL training experience!
- 30 day stay at the four star rated luxury Boonjumnong Modern Apartments
- Complimentary scheduled transfer service between Boonjumnong and our main campus twice daily (8:45 am and 2:45 pm most days unless otherwise noted)
- All utilities are included with your stay – this includes electric, air conditioning and water
- WiFi is complementary and available throughout the resort
- All suites come with one king-sized bed, a 21″ LCD TV with local channels, sitting/living room area with a comfortable couch, large walk-in bathroom, small kitchen with refrigerator, sink, storage area, and boiling pot for water, closet, safety box, and outdoor terrace
- Complimentary cleaning services including linen changes are included 2x per week throughout your stay
- Gorgeous swimming pool and lounge chairs available at your leisure
- Friendly front office staff ready to assist you with your needs including motorbike and car rentals, tour packages and information about the area
- Security guards on staff 24/7
Amazing location in the heart of Chaweng right next to the popular Tesco shopping center and Major Cineplex, as well as countless restaurants, bars, coffee shops, printing facilities, photo shops for passport/permit purposes, convenient stores, laundry services, and so much more! Boonjumnong is about a 10 minute drive away from many popular beaches on the island.
- Minimum age 19. No upper age limit applies, though certain employers may impose this, especially if working with young children.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Teaching placements are guaranteed for native English speakers only (UK, CAN, USA, NZ, AUS, and other European countries) with a university degree.
- Willingness to dress and behave appropriately both in training and during your placement.
- Police background check showing that you have no previous criminal convictions.
- Willingness to adhere to and respect local Thai customs and traditions.
- Necessary flights & visas.
- Full travel & medical insurance is suggested.
Our course fee is 49,950 THB (approx. $1,600 USD).
- Super Early Bird – register for the course six weeks in advance of the start and save 20% – 39,960
- Early Bird – register for the course four weeks in advance of the start and save 10% – 44,955
* Placements are secured through a non-refundable 12% deposit on the project fee.
** Currency conversions are approximate. Check xe.com for the latest conversion rates
***All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
Depending on your background and previous experience as well as location of your teaching placement, you can expect to earn around $900 USD/£700 GBP (฿30.000 THB) per month. Many schools offer accommodation as part of your salary package.
All TEFL course fees includes
- Complimentary pickup transportation services upon arrival in Samui to our partner hotel (during normal business hours Mon-Fri at Samui International Airport)
- Daily transportation between our partner hotel and TEFL training campus (M-F), and full use of our student community center complete with computers
- Printing access
- Lounge area
- and fresh drinking water. There is also a cash only café on site for snacks and other beverages.
What’s Not included:
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation and domestic travel are not included.
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
If you wish to stay at our partner hotel, we can offer this for an additional 13,000 THB for 30 days stay.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate