Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Duration: Minimum 2 months commitment
Start Dates: Each Monday throughout the year
Costs: from $1590, see Costs tab for further details
- Gain valuable hands-on work experience in the hospitality industry
- Serious and flexible internship in the heart of Argentina
- Ideal for those studying hospitality, hotel management, tourism
- Unique immersion activities, tours & excursions
- Keywords: tourism, hospitality, serious internship, work placement, Argentina
Being the second-largest country in South America and in fact, one of the largest countries in the world, Argentina offers a multitude of experiences to the intrepid visitor and a never-ending stream of tourists descend on the country each year to experience the magic cocktail of tango, futbol, gauchos, stunning landscapes, colonial heritage cities, sizzling steaks and the famous Argentine passion for life. A Latin American power-house, never fails to impress. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the capital Buenos Aires, affectionately described as the ‘Paris of the South’ where Porteños (as the inhabitants are called) will welcome you in their very own, unique way. A little on the gritty side, but once you get under their skin, so will the city get under yours.
This internship offers you the chance to experience living and working in this intriguing metropolis and truly get to know Argentina from within, while sharing your talent and skills with local businesses and at the same time, developing and enhancing those skills to prepare you for a professional career.
Interns have the possibility to work in one of the top boutique hotels in Buenos Aires. This hotel is internationally acclaimed and will allow you to have a hands-on experience and learn about different aspects of the hotel industry. As a hospitality Intern, you will be responsible for checking guest in and out. You will also be in charge of making reservations, managing mailboxes, as well as requests made by the superintendent. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in getting a foot in the door of the hospitality industry in one of the most enigmatic countries in South America!
Travel & Accommodation
Upon arrival in Buenos Aires you will be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodations. Here you will be met by a local coordinator who will introduce you to life in Buenos Aires and supply you with your welcome kit and prepare you for your upcoming placement. Options include shared apartments, family homestays, student residencies and private apartments. All options include towels, sheets, WiFi and utilities.
- Minimum age 18.
- Minimum 1-month commitment.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong working and personal ethics.
- Determination, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment.
- Agree to write monthly report on your placement progress.
- Full travel & medical insurance, visas. Full assistance will be given in getting everything you need arranged if you opt for our Placement Support Package
|Student Residence (Shared Room)||Shared Apartment (Single Room)||Homestay (Single Room)||Private Apartment (Single Apartment)|
* All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
** All prices are in USD
*** Places are confirmed with a 10% deposit.
Project Fee includes
- Tailor-made internship
- Official International Internship Certificate
- Accommodation (choose from options above)
- 1 week of Spanish lessons
- Access to select Tours & Activities
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Welcome orientation
- Welcome kit (including calling card, city guide, maps, and more)
- Free gym membership, free cellular phone
- ISIC Global Discount Card
- Tango lessons
- Conversation exchange partner
- In-country assistance & support.
What’s not included:
Flights, vaccination and insurance are not included. Full support will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose the premium support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate