Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Duration: Minimum 1 month, maximum 12 months commitment
Start Dates: Each Monday throughout the year
Costs: from $1790, see Costs tab for further details
- Gain valuable hands-on work experience in NGO Management and humans rights issues
- Serious and flexible internship in the heart of Argentina
- Ideal for those studying international development, human rights issues and NGO management
- Unique immersion activities, tours & excursions
- Keywords: community development, human rights, NGO management, serious internship, work placement, Argentina
Being the second-largest country in South America and in fact, one of the largest countries in the world, Argentina offers a multitude of experiences to the intrepid visitor and a never-ending stream of tourists descend on the country each year to experience the magic cocktail of tango, futbol, gauchos, stunning landscapes, colonial heritage cities, sizzling steaks and the famous Argentine passion for life.
This internship offers you the chance to experience living and working in this intriguing metropolis and truly get to know Argentina from within, while sharing your talent and skills with local businesses and at the same time, developing and enhancing those skills to prepare you for a professional career. The program will place you with a Buenos Aires based NGO working to improve conditions for the city’s less fortunate inhabitants. Their core work focuses on health, education, housing work and legality.
As an intern on this project, you will be assisting and working together with the directors of the organization and learn the ins and outs of running and managing an NGO in Argentina. You will get ample opportunities of hands-on work dealing with all the aspects of the organisation’s work and missions. The overall vision for the NGO is to improve the quality of life for families and their children within the Argentine society.
Your daily duties will see you working in impoverished neighbourhoods, where you will be involved with attending to housing needs as well as take part in educational workshops. The volunteers are engaged in planning the activities for children that don’t have experience with games, music, colors and recreational activities. The activities which are carried out allow them to learn how to count, write, identify fruits, vegetables, colors and so on.
Participants will be working alongside local teachers, in order to teach, and improve the English of school children. Furthermore, participants will be responsible for coming up with activities and lessons that will aid the comprehension, and therefore advancement in the English language for the students.
Travel & Accommodation
Upon arrival in Buenos Aires you will be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodations. Here you will be met by a local coordinator who will introduce you to life in Buenos Aires and supply you with your welcome kit and prepare you for your upcoming placement. Options include shared apartments, family homestays, student residencies and private apartments. All options include towels, sheets, WiFi and utilities.
- Minimum age 18.
- Minimum 1-month commitment.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong working and personal ethics.
- Determination, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment.
- Agree to write monthly report on your placement progress.
- Full travel & medical insurance, visas. Full assistance will be given in getting everything you need arranged if you opt for our Placement Support Package
|Student Residence (Shared Room)||Shared Apartment (Single Room)||Homestay (Single Room)||Private Apartment (Single Apartment)|
* All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
** All prices are in USD
*** Places are confirmed with a 10% deposit.
Project Fee includes
- Tailor-made internship
- Official International Internship Certificate
- Accommodation (choose from options above)
- 1 week of Spanish lessons (for placements 6 weeks or longer)
- Access to select Tours & Activities
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Welcome orientation
- Welcome kit (including calling card, city guide, maps, and more)
- Free gym membership, free cellular phone
- ISIC Global Discount Card
- Tango lessons
- Conversation exchange partner
- In-country assistance & support.
What’s not included:
Flights, vaccination and insurance are not included. Full support will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose the premium support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate