Location: Nosy Be, Madagascar
Duration: 2-12 weeks commitment
Start Dates: Weekly project starts on a Saturday.
Price: from £2.445 for 2 weeks. Check the Prices tab for further information.
- Include: All food, accommodation, airport pickup, pre-departure orientation & training and all project related activities
- Does not include: Flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- Travel to the remote and pristine island of Madagascar
- Opportunity to complete courses offered in partnership with the University of Richmond in the United States
- In your free time, spot mega fauna such as humpback whales, whale sharks & hammerheads
- Work with endangered Lemur species
Join this wildlife conservation project alongside a leading conservation organization working with critically endangered species.
Have an opportunity to work with species that are not found in any other locations around the world, the most renowned species being the Lemur, the most at risk mammals.
As a participant your work will be focused on collecting data on the Black Lemur, Nosy Be Sportive Lemur and the Nosy Be Mouse Lemur. Based in the Lokobe National Park, you will also focus on conducting surveys of the forest recording sightings of the panther chameleon as well as various amphibian and butterfly species.
Another large focus of your project will be on habitat restoration and you will be working on initiatives focused on the regrowth of indigenous species.
This program includes an optional wildlife conservation online courses which must be completed in order to obtain a certificate offered in partnership with the University of Richmond in the United States.
Get in touch for more information
Participants are expected to remain flexible as project work changes based on weather as well as needs of our project partners.
- 5 or 6am: Wake up call
- 6 – 10 am: Data collection
- 12pm-3pm: Lunch & chill time
- 4pm: Data collection/beach clean
- 6pm: Dinner
- 9pm: Bed Time
There may also be some Night surveys which will affect the schedule.
Travel & Accommodation
Accommodation & Food:
Our base is on Nosy Be Island, well known for its abundant and unique biodiversity. Accommodation will be in shared rooms in a house on the island.
All meals are provided on project and participants take it in turn to prepare meals for the group.
Health & Hygiene:
The work we contribute to across the globe remains important and new measures allow our participants to continue to join our programs and continue impacting positively on their world and the communities we work with. Changes to our existing protocols have been made by our health and hygiene team to strengthen our health and hygiene protocols and ensure that international standard safeguards are in place to protect our participants, staff and host communities. Please inquire for more information on the protocols.
By participating in this program, you are not only offered an opportunity to work toward conserving ecosystems but also the opportunity to see local sites! Our dedicated field staff are the best resource when researching local trips, they have compiled this list of activities.
These side trips are not included in the program fee but are highly recommended:
- Mount Passot
- Whale Watching
- The Sacred Tree
- Lokobe National Park
- Minimum age 18
- Be keen and enthusiastic to get involved in the project
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Minimum 1 week commitment
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Signed medical form
- Good English skills
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance. Full assistance will be provided in getting everything you will need ready if you choose our Placement Support Package.
- 2 weeks – £2,445
- 4 weeks – £3,145
- 6 weeks – £3,795
- 8 weeks – £4,445
- 10 weeks – £5,095
- 12 weeks – £5,745
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a 20% deposit.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate