Location: Lobitos, Peru
Duration: Minimum 6 months to a year with the possibility to extend
Start Dates: Ongoing
- Live and work in a surfing paradise of northern Peru, the land of endless summer (Lobitos, Peru)
- Food (delicious and healthy meals)
- Accommodation provided
- Enhance your CV and gain professional hands-on experience in the renewables sector
- Have a real impact on people’s lives
- Time off (up to 25 days per year if joining for a full year)
- Join a vibrant and unique organization
- Learn from our educational webinars given by our Directors on topics including but not limited to: international development, NGO/social enterprise creation and management, renewable energy, ecosystem restoration, field research techniques, and more.
We are looking for a Renewable Energy Projects Supervisor (volunteer) to be based in our headquarters in Lobitos, northern Peru. The chosen candidate will work directly with the Director of Renewables and will supervise the volunteer interns who join our program to work on our small scale renewable energy projects. The selected candidate will monitor, help design and develop our Renewable Energy project portfolio.
We’re looking for a graduate who will ideally have experience in the field of renewable energy or have studied it at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
We require someone for a minimum of six months to a year. All meals (healthy and delicious) and accommodation will be provided by EcoSwell. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow in this sector and who is passionate about renewable energy, sustainability and international development.
- Work with the Renewables EcoSwell Director to continuously refine the strategic goals of our renewable energy projects
- Keep an accurate account of all active and future EcoSwell renewable energy projects
- Report weekly to EcoSwell Director on progress made
- Plan tasks and next steps for each project
- Lead a team of volunteer interns in Lobitos to ensure projects are progressing
- Manage proper reporting and budgeting of project
- Liaising with project sponsors, suppliers and community partners and members during project implementation
- Ensuring volunteer interns are abiding by safety protocols and procedures
- Proposing improvements to designs, projects and processes
- Ensuring the creation of marketing content of our renewable energy projects
- Focus on serving as a positive and enthusiastic role model in order to create a healthy and positive dynamic within the EcoSwell house and work environments
- Role duration: six months to a year with the possibility to extend
- Accommodation and all meals are included as a benefit with the position
- Start date: ongoing
- Airport pickup and drop-off is included
- Good English and Spanish are necessary
Travel & Accom.
Airport pickup and drop-off within Talara is provided by us. The best way to get to Lobitos is to fly internationally to Lima (Peru), and then take an onward domestic flight to Talara, which is the closest airport. You will be met at the airport in Talara and driven directly to Lobitos which takes about half an hour.
During your time off
The northern coast of Peru has amazing surf, beaches, and towns to go visit, with lots of different activities on offer such as:
- Surf lessons with local instructors in Lobitos. Alternatively, you can use EcoSwell surfboards and head out to the waves yourself
- Yoga classes
- Swimming with turtles
- Sea-lion and whale watching trips with local fishermen
- Trekking and birdwatching in the native Dry Forest ecosystem
- Eat traditional Peruvian food at local restaurants
- Visits to other nearby beaches and towns within hours of Lobitos to explore more Peruvian landscapes, culture & history
Below you’ll see the financial contribution required for the in-person and online placements.
|Cost per week
|Total Project Fee
|First 2 weeks
|$538 (in person)
|$1,326 (in person)
|$529 (in person)
|$1,837 (in person)
|$352 (in person)
|$3,066 (in person)
|$491 (in person)
* Currency in USD
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** $250 admin fee included
**** 30% deposit required to confirm place.
Project Fee includes food, accommodation, local transfers, 24-hour in-country support, orientation and integration into the project. The financial contribution you make as a volunteer intern helps funds our community projects and operations, it funds our impact. For every volunteer intern that joins our program, we also plant a tree with local families to help restore the degraded forest ecosystem found in our region.
You are having a positive impact just by joining.
What’s not included:
Flights, insurance, visas (if applicable) and vaccinations. Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate