Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Duration: Minimum 1 month, maximum 6 month commitment
Start Dates: Each Monday throughout the year
Costs: from $1590, see Costs tab for further details
- Contribute to the improvement of local Argentine communities
- Get immersed in Argentine culture while making a difference
- Ideal for those studying community development, public health and outreach
- Unique immersion activities, tours & excursions
- Keywords: HIV/AIDS, public health, community development, international volunteer placement, Argentina
An international volunteer placement in Argentina offers you the chance to experience living and working in this intriguing metropolis and truly get to know Argentina from within. As a volunteer, you will work on locally-run projects aimed at improving and benefiting the communities they operate in.
Your contribution will help in the overall aim of bridging the cultural, social and economic gaps that still exist. You placement is also a fantastic way to meet other like-minded travellers, make friends and explore Argentina during your time off. As an international volunteer in Argentina, you will also have ample opportunity to perfect your Spanish language skills, whether you are just starting out or an advanced learner.
This project will place you with a Latin American NGO focused on improving the lives of individuals and families affected by HIV/AIDS.
The NGO you will be working with during your placement firmly believes that health is not just a physical state, but should be viewed holistically and take into account both social and psychological circumstances. The organisation lends it’s support to adult and young people affected by HIV/AIDS as well as their family and loved ones. Their services are designed to support individuals and their families in maintaining a productive and contributing role in society, while managing their illness. Focus is heavily placed on restoring and maintaining human dignity and also run several projects focusing on health education, prevention and clinical research.
As an NGO volunteer, you will help out in clinics, hospitals and HIV patient homes. You will be tasked with assisting staff with their day-to-day activities, while you also get to learn the ins- and outs of this health-based NGO and the Argentine health care system. Duties also include spending time with patients and residents, engaging them in recreational and social activities and offering language assistance in both English and Spanish.
Travel & Accommodation
Upon arrival in Buenos Aires you will be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodations. Here you will be met by a local coordinator who will introduce you to life in Buenos Aires and supply you with your welcome kit and prepare you for your upcoming placement. Options include shared apartments, family homestays, student residencies and private apartments. All options include towels, sheets, WiFi and utilities.
- Minimum age 18.
- Minimum 1-month commitment.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong working and personal ethics.
- Determination, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment.
- Agree to write monthly report on your placement progress.
- Full travel & medical insurance, visas. Full assistance will be given in getting everything you need arranged if you opt for our Placement Support Package
|Student Residence (Shared Room)||Shared Apartment (Single Room)||Homestay (Single Room)||Private Apartment (Single Apartment)|
* All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
** All prices are in USD
*** Places are confirmed with a 10% deposit.
Project Fee includes
- Tailor-made internship
- Official International Internship Certificate
- Accommodation (choose from options above)
- 1 week of Spanish lessons (for placements 6 weeks or longer)
- Access to select Tours & Activities
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- Welcome orientation
- Welcome kit (including calling card, city guide, maps, and more)
- Free gym membership, free cellular phone
- ISIC Global Discount Card
- Tango lessons
- Conversation exchange partner
- In-country assistance & support.
What’s not included:
Flights, vaccination and insurance are not included. Full support will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose the premium support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate