Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Duration: Minimum 1 week, maximum 6 months
Start Dates: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability. Placements start each Monday
Cost: £250 GBP / $350 USD per week
Includes: all food, accommodation, airport pickup, orientation and all project related activities
Does not Include: flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- Get to know the amazing country of Vietnam, its people, culture, food and environment
- Flexible placement, tailored according to your interests and abilities.
- Teach in a local University alongside local professors, getting to know Uni life is Asia!
We also offer Paid Teach Abroad placements with TEFL training.
Flexible Deposit | Refund Guarantee | Resolution Support
The aim of this project is to create opportunities for learning through cultural exchange in the setting of a college hospitality and leisure industry class. As a teacher assistant in the class, you will interact with students aged 19-25 and recreate real-life situations from the hospitality industry. Through role plays rather than previously prepared teaching materials you can teach English in a spontaneous and creative way. The students are eager to learn English and to meet foreigners and you will learn about their culture and way of life in return. At the end of the program you will receive a certificate for your achievement.
Make new friends with young people in a process of cultural exchange and teaching!
Free 15 minute call to discuss your options
On the first day of your program you will get introduced to the tourism college and explore the campus. In the afternoon you will get a sense of the classroom and your level of involvement will be determined - you may be assigned to a classroom assistant or lead teacher. The rest of the week you will be fully involved with the activities at the college. You will attend regular classes and interact with the students throughout the day and enjoy your free time in the evenings and weekends with the new friends which you will make during your stay.
Travel and Accommodation
Your accommodation during the placement is in a student dorm on a college campus where there are rooms especially reserved for the participants in the project. The rooms are single-gender for 8 to 16 people and you will share showers and western-style toilets. In the common areas, such as the terrace, you can enjoy a view over the city or you can have some down time and read one of the available books or magazines in the “office” room. On the same floor you can find the café where you can buy a smoothie or soda and sit at the desks and tables. If you want to engage in some form of creative activity, you can paint or use materials for crafts, or you can play some music on the piano or guitar. For some sports, you can head to the pool or gym.
You will have wifi access in the dorms; however, the quality of the connection is dependent on the weather conditions.
You will be served three meals per day in the restaurant on campus which consist mainly of typical Vietnamese food but also of some Western dishes.
In the area around campus you can find ATMs as well as taxis to take you anywhere in Ho Chi Minh. In the city you can find anything that you may need.
Arrival is on a Sunday and departure/check-out is on Saturday before 12:00 pm during the last week of your program.
One-on-One Pre-departure and In-country Support
- Minimum age 18.
- Passion and enthusiasm to get to know the country, lots of energy and creativity, and not afraid to stand up in front of a class of students.
- No previous skills are necessary, however, you will need to speak English at a conversational level.
- Minimum 1-week commitment - 30+ hours a week
- Necessary vaccinations.
- Necessary flight & visas.
- Full travel & medical insurance. Full assistance will be provided in getting everything you will need ready if you choose our Premium Support.
Download Your Free Guide!
|$ USD||£ GBP*|
* Currency conversions are approximate.
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee.
Project Fee includes food, accommodation, airport pickup, orientation, in-country support and project activities.
Private rooms are available for an additional £100 per week.
What's not included:
Flights, insurance, visas (if applicable) and vaccinations. Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Placement Support Package
For your trip, we will help you organise and plan everything you will need from start to finish. Our coordinators know each project & country like the back of their hand, and will be able to offer personalised advice to ensure your trip is well-planned & executed to perfection.
This includes one-to-one assistance planning and booking;
- Pre-departure Support - Flights, Visas, Vaccinations, Insurance, Essential Items and anything else you will need before you set off.
- Ongoing In-country Support - whilst you are on the project you can Contact us at any time with any questions or concerns and we will do whatever we can to help.
- 24/7 Emergency Support - a phone number that you or your family can ring at any time, night or day in case of emergency.
Our Placement Support Package costs £349 / $449 / €425 per person, and can be purchased once you are ready to confirm your place.