Location: Cusco, Peru
Duration: 1-12 weeks commitment
Start Dates: Weekly project starts on a Saturday.
Price: from £1,120 for 1 week. Check the Prices tab for further information.
- Includes: All food, accommodation, airport pickup, orientation and all project related activities
- Does not include: Flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- Participate in educational workshops and one-on-one business mentoring session on micro-enterprise business skills
- Train people from local communities and enabling them to become successful entrepreneurs
- Immerse yourself in real projects whilst gaining transferable skills and leadership training.
This program involves participating in educational workshops and one-on-one business mentoring session on micro-enterprise business skills, training people from local communities and enabling them to become successful entrepreneurs. You will be directly involved in setting up and implementing these workshops and mentorship sessions to create an engaging environment that is conducive to informative and practical business training.
The project focus is specifically geared towards developing your transferable skills, and in particular your leadership skills. You will possibly participate in a leadership course to build on your previous experience and to help you to develop key soft skills that will be crucial for future career prospects. Expect to be challenged and immersed in real projects, so you will need to be creative, agile, and resourceful, all the while mindful that you will be working with community members who have limited resources.
You can expect to be fully integrated into the following activities;
- Conservation of environmental resources and water through construction and education-related initiatives in the Cusco region.
- Enhancing fair trade practices to complement the conservation efforts in indigenous communities in two main areas: community tourism and traditional weaving.
- An English literacy program at school and to the tourism entrepreneurs complements this program.
- Depending on the community’s needs at the time, interns will be assisting our project partners to develop both the infrastructure and the quality of education in order to bring a better quality of life to the local community. You will work with a variety of professionals, indigenous communities, women’s associations, school students, and researchers.
- We offer a wide range of activities that involve teaching assistance in English at the local school, environmental education, weaving lessons as well as research photography, flora assessment, green infrastructure construction, agriculture, among other fun stuff.
All activities involve indigenous communities and are demand driven. As a short-term intern you will participate in all projects or the most needed ones at the time depending on the work schedule, you will also improve your leadership skills by taking on more responsibilities, and mentorship form a staff member & of course completing the Leadership course endorsed by the Institute of Management.
Travel & Accommodation
Accommodation & Food:
You will be living with the other volunteers in shared accommodation. You will have a shared (same gender) room with an en-suite bathroom. We will provide bedding (sheets, pillows, pillowcases), but you are more than welcome to bring your own if you prefer (single bed). There is running water available for showers. Flush toilet facilities are available, and participants share base duties.
All meals are provided on project and participants take it in turns to prepare meals for the group.
There are many cafes and restaurants in the local area and you are free to go out for dinner at your own expense.
- Minimum age 18
- Be keen and enthusiastic to get involved in the project
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Minimum 2 weeks commitment
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Signed medical form
- Good English skills
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance. Full assistance will be provided in getting everything you will need ready if you choose our Placement Support Package.
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a 20% deposit.
Project Fee includes;
- Airport pickup
- In-country support
- All project activities.
What’s not included:
- Visas (if applicable)
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate