Location: Oxapampa, Peru
Duration: 2 – 12 weeks commitment
Start Dates: Weekly project starts on a Saturday.
Price: from £1,395 for 2 weeks. Check the Prices tab for further information.
- Includes: All food, accommodation, airport pickup, orientation and all project related activities
- Does not include: Flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- Experience the unique culturally rich Peruvian village of Oxapampa
- Travel to the border of the Amazon to work with community members on empowerment initiatives
- Contribute directly the the UN SDG’s goal #4, Quality Education
- Opportunity to complete an optional Community Development online course offered in partnership with University of Richmond in the United States
Experience the Peruvian culture when you travel to the Eastern Part of Peru to work on empowerment initiatives in Oxapampa village.
As a participant on this program you will contribute directly to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #6, Quality education. Join a team of international participants and work on various activities depending on the needs of the community at the time.
You could expect to:
- teach environmental education lessons
- teach English at local schools
- work on coffee farming with local farmers
- work on building bio gardens with the local community.
Expect to be challenged and immersed in real projects, so you will need to be creative, agile, and resourceful, all the while mindful that you will be working with community members who have limited resources.
This program includes an optional Community Development online course which must be completed in order to obtain a certificate offered in partnership with the University of Richmond in the United States.
Get in touch for more information!
Participants are expected to remain flexible as project work changes based on weather as well as needs of our project partners.
- 8-10am: Work with Community
- 12pm: Lunch
- 1pm – 4pm: Work with Community
- 6pm: Dinner
- 9pm: Bed Time
Travel & Accommodation
Accommodation & Food:
On the border of the Amazon, Oxapampa will become home for the time you are on program.
Participants will share rooms in a dormitory style accommodation. Meals are included and participants ill take it in turns to cook meals for the group. Dietary requirements can be catered for.
Health & Hygiene:
The work we contribute to across the globe remains important and new measures allow our participants to continue to join our programs and continue impacting positively on their world and the communities we work with. Changes to our existing protocols have been made by our health and hygiene team to strengthen our health and hygiene protocols and ensure that international standard safeguards are in place to protect our participants, staff and host communities. Please inquire for more information on the protocols.
By participating in this program, you are not only offered an opportunity to work toward conserving ecosystems but also the opportunity to see local sites! Our dedicated field staff are the best resource when researching local trips, they have compiled this list of activities.
These side trips are not included in the program fee but are highly recommended:
- Amazon Forest
- Minimum age 18
- Be keen and enthusiastic to get involved in the project
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Minimum 2 weeks commitment
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Signed medical form
- Good English skills
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance. Full assistance will be provided in getting everything you will need ready if you choose our Placement Support Package.
- 2 weeks – £1,395
- 4 weeks – £1,795
- 6 weeks – £2,245
- 8 weeks – £2,645
- 10 weeks – £3,045
- 12 weeks – £3,445
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a 20% deposit.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate