Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duration: 1-12 weeks commitment
Start Dates: Project starts on a Saturday with set start dates throughout the year. Check with us when applying.
Price: from £1,295 for 1 week. Check the Prices tab for further information.
- Includes: All food, accommodation, airport pickup, pre-departure orientation & training and all project related activities
- Does not include: Flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- Introduce the topic of women’s empowerment to many of our students who will not have discussed such a concept before
- Work with a whole host of women: from all backgrounds and ages providing a truly diverse experience
- Make a serious and sustainable difference in the lives of girls and women in the local community
- In your free time you can travel north to explore the grand Angor Wat temple, the largest religious monument in the world!
Experience Cambodia like you’ve never seen it before on our women’s empowerment project! This project aims to increase gender equality in the community through various forms including English lessons, health or life skills classes. We work with a local partner, whose goal is to contribute to social development through initiatives to empower and educate women, and young people.
The aim is to sustainably equip local women with the necessary skills and tools to help eradicate poverty and increase education levels throughout the country in the long term. While working in collaboration with the local community you will gain valuable skills to develop yourself personally and professionally and improve your own future job prospects.
All these initiatives allow us to offer support to the community and our local partners, and to address many of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, such as #1- No poverty, #2 – Zero Hunger, #3- Good health and well-being, #4 – Quality Education, #5- Gender Equality, #8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth and #10 – Reduced Inequalities.
The main focus of this program will be to teach English lessons and life-skills workshops to help the women develop personally and professionally. Your contribution will play a significant role in increasing the local women’s access to education while improving their employment opportunities and quality of life.
Activities will include:
- Volunteer work is 5 days a week from Monday – Friday with weekends free to explore
- You may be teaching one of our mixed gender English classes
- You may also be working with children from local villages and young adults
- Work with local businesses hoping to improve skills of their staff members
- Receive training in Women’s Empowerment
- Lead workshops focusing on the topic of Gender Equality
- It is important that you remain flexible
Travel & Accom.
Accommodation & Food
Accommodation is in shared rooms (usually same sex unless otherwise requested) with shared bathroom facilities. We will provide bedding (sheets, pillows, pillowcases) and towels. There is running water available for showers and flush toilets are available.
Both western and Khmer food is available at our guesthouse restaurant and vegetarians can be accommodated. There are many cafes and restaurants in the local area and you are free to go out for additional meals at your own expense.
Health & Hygiene:
The work we contribute to across the globe remains important and new measures allow our participants to continue to join our programs and continue impacting positively on their world and the communities we work with. Changes to our existing protocols have been made by our health and hygiene team to strengthen our health and hygiene protocols and ensure that international standard safeguards are in place to protect our participants, staff and host communities. Please inquire for more information on the protocols.
Local field staff are a great source of information for sightseeing activities. Weekends are free for you to explore the beautiful sights of Cambodia, the possibilities are endless!
- Minimum age 18
- Be keen and enthusiastic to get involved in the project
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Minimum 1 week commitment
- CRB Police check (or equivalent) showing that you have no previous criminal convictions
- Signed medical form
- Good English skills
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance. Full assistance will be provided in getting everything you will need ready if you choose our Placement Support Package.
- 1 week – £1,295
- 2 weeks – £1,495
- 3 weeks – £1,695
- 4 weeks – £1,845
- 5 weeks – £2,095
- 6 weeks – £2,245
- 7 weeks – £2,445
- 8 weeks – £2,695
- 9 weeks – £2,845
- 10 weeks – £3,045
- 11 weeks – £3,245
- 12 weeks – £3,445
* Check the latest currency conversions with xe.com
** All payments incur a 5% bank transfer fee
*** Placements are confirmed with a 20% deposit.
Project Fee includes;
- 24-hour emergency phone
- 24-hour in-country support
- Access to Alumni Services and Discounts
- Airport pickup
- Online program training before program start date:
- Pre Departure Orientation (1 Hour)
- Program Specific Training (1-5 Hours)
- OPTIONAL: Community Development Online Course (10 – 15 Hours)
- In-country support
- All project activities.
What’s not included:
- Additional drinks and gratuities
- Extra local excursions
- International and domestic airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Personal items and toiletries
- Police or background check
- Visa costs (where necessary)
Full assistance will be provided in getting all these arranged if you choose our Premium Support.
Premium Support Upgrade
We understand there’s a great deal to plan and organise for your trip. When booking a Placement, many of our participants choose to purchase our Premium Support Upgrade to benefit from the expertise, knowledge and experience of our Project Coordinators.
We can provide the personal advice you need to ensure your trip is organised with excellence and planned with efficiency; ensuring the very best experience possible. Read more about how we can help you.
Note: Map coordinates are approximate